Skip to Main Content

Academic Staff Support Guide: Your own use of the library

Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn Gymraeg


You can borrow up to 30 items from the library. Our borrowing web page has details of how to renew and request books.

We are currently running a Reserve and Collect service at our Libraries.  Please consult our Borrowing webpage (link is below) for further details on how to reserve a book.

The library catalogue is called iFind. A guide is available below.


We have five libraries, supporting different subject areas.

  • Bay Library - Supporting subjects taught at the Bay Campus.
  • Banwen Library - Banwen Library is a branch of the South Wales Miners’ Library and is based at the DOVE Workshop, Banwen.
  • ​Singleton Park Library - Supporting subjects taught at Singleton Campus, the Library also houses the Richard Burton Archives, including South Wales Coalfield material and the University archives.
  • South Wales Miners Library - In Hendrefoilan, supporting DACE and housing the South Wales Coalfield collection.
  • St David's Park Library - In Carmarthen, supporting Medicine and Health Science subjects.

Further details can be found on our webpages.

We are part of the Sconul Access scheme which allows you to use other academic libraries if that is convenient for you. Jisc Library Hub Discover is the online catalogue for all major HE, research, or national libraries in the UK and Ireland.  You can consult this catalogue for details of holdings outside our Library which you may wish to visit via Sconul or request through interlibrary loan.

Finding journals

There is a full list of databases subscribed to by the library through the A-Z of Databases link below.

You can also search for a specific journal titles by using the Journal Search tab at the top of the iFind screen.

The library guide for your subject area will show the most relevant search tools for you.

Staff can make requests via document supply for articles which are not available in our subscriptions.

MyUni Library Team

The MyUni Library team at the front desk of the Libraries can make you a University ID card, they provide a point of contact for library enquiries.

You can report e-access issues using the online Service Desk linked blow.

Current awareness

The Library provides access to a few Current Awareness sites to help you keep informed in new articles, proceedings, and publications on your selected topic.

  • The university has a subscription to Browzine. This is available as a web page or an app and allows you to scan through recent issues of the journals you are interested in.

Research Support

The Research Support team is able to advise on a wide range of Open Scholarship / Open Science topics.


You may also contact them with copyright queries for teaching or research related activities. Research data management queries are directed to the guidance material on the website or you can contact Alex Roberts via email.

Contact details:

Email:  /
Website: Library Research Support
Blog: ResearchNews
Twitter: @sulibressupport