Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EndNote Basic (online) is free to anyone but while you are at the university it will give you access to a range of extra referencing styles, including the university approved ones.
EndNote Basic will allow you to share a group of references which can be useful if you are working with others.
- Go to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk and login to Web of Science with your university username and password. Logging in will show that you are a member of the university).
- Click EndNote at the top of the screen.
- Click register and complete the online form.
- You will need to think carefully about a password - it requires at least one letter, one number and one symbol.
- Note that you will use the username and password you have created to access EndNote in future, not your university one. The reason for logging in as a member of the university initially is to get the extra styles, including the official university ones, which you do not get in the completely free version.
- Go to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk.
- Click the purple button then select Institutional login.then UK Federation.
- Select Swansea University from the drop down list then login with your university username and password. Once you are logged in carry on as above.
Importing to EndNote
Choose from the list below to find out how to import records from the databases you use.
EndNote in Word
If you have the correct software installed you should see this toolbar in Word allowing you to work with your EndNote references. If you don't have it go into EndNote and look for the download installers link at the bottom of the screen.
You may like to watch this video on using EndNote with Word.
Three of the Swansea approved styles are available in EndNote online - APA 6th Swansea, MHRA Swansea and Vancouver Swansea. Oscola unfortunately doesn't work well with EndNote online.
If you don't see the style you want appearing in Word, go to EndNote online and click the Format tab. Click Select Favorites and add the one you need to your favorites list. You will need to close and reopen Word to pick up the new style.