2. Open Access Policies & Compliance
- Meeting University, Funders and REF OA Requirements
- REF Checklist - deposit your research
3. Article Processing Charges (APCs)
- UKRI (RCUK) online form for APC support
- Publisher Discount Deals
- Green & Gold Routes Explained
4. Searching For Open Access Content
- Finding OA Subject and Institutional Repositories
- Open Access Button
- Swansea University Open Access Journals
5. Training Resources
- FOSTER e-learning platform portal for free Open Access resources
6. FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions on Open Access/REF
Open Access (OA) provides free, immediate, online access to publicly funded scholarly research. Readers are permitted to read, download, copy and redistribute research outputs. Open Access ensures that your research reaches a wide audience.
Swansea University promotes a culture of open research. The aim of open research is to make the methods and results of research as open as possible, as early as possible. This increases the benefits and efficiency of research by allowing others to engage with and benefit from the results. We believe that making our research material as open will serve our public mission in the sharing of knowledge and will generate opportunities for collaboration and impact.
Swansea University recognises that open research is an evolving area and encourages initiatives such as sharing software, laboratory notebooks, open monographs and public engagement.